Saturday, October 17, 2009

the way he encourages us

its been cold and rainy here for the last few days and my mood has felt about the same. not cold..but just gloomy, wishing God would drop the perfect friend in my lap (or bring the one here closer :). i sat preparing worship for tomorrow and came across a song i've heard but have never done and haven't heard much called "revelation song" by Christ for the Nations. you can listen to it here. (sidenote: i LOVE the background pic for that site..i love this type of activism and told ben we'll need to do something like this here when we do an event - i believe it was in D.C. "protesting" abortion). but anyway, i sat listening to this song and felt such immense peace..its so musically beautiful. then i sat thinking how these words relate to my life today..with how i'm feeling..."you are my everything and i will adore you." i don't feel like i'm adoring much today...actually doesn't feel like my everything today..but i found myself engulfed in worship as i listened...and then i moved onto "God of our yesterdays", which you can listen to here. i love this song...love it. such a great reminder for those hard days and what the good days ahead hold..nothing different than the hard ones. sometimes it feels that way, i won't deny that, but my experience tells me otherwise so i remind myself of that. i'm grateful for the times that he allows these things to be life giving, even in their preparation...
we'll see what he has for us tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment